Please join me in congratulating Miss Kaitlin Tenbrunsel on her first professional contract! Kaitlin was hired as part of the ensemble for the Children of Eden production at the Arcadia Theatre in St. Charles next summer. She came in a very close second for the role of Yonah, but was not cast in the role because of her age. She was, however, the number one choice for the role out of all who auditioned in Chicago (equity and non-equity). Ultimately, leadership decided to pursue established Broadway names for the main roles in the show. Kaitlin may have an opportunity to tour as Yonah after the limited engagement in Chicago. Everyone involved, including Stephen Schwartz (score), John Caird (book), and Brenda Didier (director/choreographer) were thoroughly impressed with Kaitlin’s singing and acting ability. So much so, they made a point of saying they hope to work with her again in the future! What an amazing accomplishment.
– Rehearsals start July 20th and run through Aug 7th.
– Performances will be the weekend of August 7th-9th.
– Grammy Award winning David Phelps will play Adam/Noah
– Norm Lewis will be Father
– America’s Got Talent winner Brian Justin Crum will play Cain/Japheth
– Eve and Yonah are yet to be cast.