The studio recital and awards ceremony will be on Saturday, May 17th this year. We will be back at our old familiar venue, the Village Church of Barrington, 1600 East Main Street, Room 300. Here are some of the details for the event; more to come later.
- Students must be able to perform their pieces successfully one week before the recital to be included in the program. If you haven’t decided on a selection yet, make sure you do that soon – only four weeks left to learn it!
- Participation is optional, but I hope most of you will choose to perform.
- We will be recording and videotaping the performances; also taking lots of pictures during and after awards.
- Dress attire, no gym shoes or casual clothes.
- Dress rehearsal 2:00-3:45 pm: mandatory, no exceptions. Call times to be announced. Students only. Come dressed to perform – there will not be time to change clothes before the recital.
- Doors open to the public 3:45 pm. Free admission.
- Recital 4:00 pm. Awards immediately following.
- Students are expected to stay for the entire program, including awards.
We will need some volunteers to make the day a success. If your student has decided not to perform, I hope you will still consider volunteering some of your time. Please contact the studio as soon as possible if you are willing to help.
- Set-up/dress rehearsal assistant
- Door/programs – 2-4 people (1-2 each door)
- CD sales
- T-shirt sales
- Videographer – Dave Conroy? (Please confirm)
This is a really fun afternoon for students – great family entertainment!